Our rehabilitation teams are experienced in treating a wide range of neurological and physical issues as well as weaknesses that may arise from organ transplantation. At California Rehabilitation Institute, we are skilled in treating and rehabilitating patients who have undergone heart or liver transplants.
California Rehabilitation Institute draws on the expertise of medical rehabilitation specialists to address the range of physical and functional issues that occur following organ transplantation.
This inter-professional team is led by a physiatrist, a physician board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and includes rehabilitation nurses; physical, occupational, speech and recreation therapists; dietitians; pharmacists; case managers and other clinical and support staff, as needed.
Each patient has different challenges, goals and expectations. Tailored treatment can help:
- Restore physical abilities
- Build strength and endurance
- Minimize pain
- Improve balance and mobility
- Enhance skills to perform daily activities
- Avoid complications
- Optimize independence
Therapy sessions include hands-on activities and high-tech therapy equipment. They are provided three hours per day, five days a week, or 15 hours over a seven-day period, depending on a patient’s tolerance and ability to actively participate.
Your care plan may focus on:
- Mobility skills training such as transfers, standing and walking
- Strengthening, coordination and endurance exercises
- Tactics to improve communication, swallowing and vision
- Daily living activities such as dressing, eating and bathing
- Strategies to improve memory, concentration, judgment and problem solving
- Medication management
- Community reintegration strategies
- Caregiver education and training
It’s important to remember that recovery takes time. Each patient is different and your stay with us will depend on your diagnosis, rehabilitation needs, goals and daily progress.
How can we help you?
We will work closely with you, your family, physician and your referring hospital to ensure a smooth transition to California Rehabilitation Institute for your recovery.